13012 Mitchell Point Rd.
Newport News, VA 23602
My personal ministry mission statement is to glorify God by discipling people toward a passionate, Christ-like life, and equipping them to reach others with the gospel of Jesus Christ. In other words, my ministry mission is to be a disciple-making disciple.
Birth and Childhood
- I was born in Cambridge, Ohio. My Christian parents, older sister, and I moved to Byesville, Ohio ten years later. I grew up in this rural southeast Ohio community for the remainder of my childhood and my teenage years.
Conversion and Calling
- Since my parents were Christians, I grew up attending church with my family anytime the doors were open. One Wednesday night, when I was six years old, God changed my life. During a children’s program, our pastor spoke about how God had made a way for us to have an eternal relationship–eternal life–with him through His son Jesus Christ. That night, under conviction of the Holy Spirit for my sin, I sought God’s forgiveness, repented of my sin, and offered my life to Him as a living sacrifice. It would be another ten years before I saw God work in my life to call me to full-time ministry. Through numerous interactions with my youth pastor and a personal injury, God broke my stubborn heart and I offered myself completely to Him. It was during this time that my youth pastor asked me if I had ever considered ministry as an option for my life. Over the next six months God would affirm in me the desire for ministry and confirm through others this calling.
- I married Bethany Rachelle Stockdale on August 22nd, 2011, in Pennsylvania. Bethany was born in Scranton, Pennsylvania and grew up in Union Dale, Pennsylvania. She attended Clarks Summit University (formerly Baptist Bible College) and earned her Bachelor’s degree as an Office Professional. Bethany is a humble, hospitable servant, and discipler. She is always discipling people, specifically other women, as well as our children. Our marriage is, by God’s grace, a true joy, privilege, blessing, and tool of sanctification in both of our lives.
- Jamieson David Kirby, who was born March 10th, 2013.
- Ava Noelle Kirby, who was born January 3rd, 2015.
- Calla Ann Kirby, who was born October 11th, 2016.
- Bryant Michael Kirby, who was born June 26th, 2018.
Ordination and Licensing
- I was ordained to Gospel ministry by Denbigh Baptist Church on September 30th, 2012 and received licensing to perform marriage by the state of Virginia on December 21st, 2012.
Hobbies and Interests
- I enjoy exercising, mostly weight lifting, running, and any team sports. I greatly enjoy spending time with my family hiking, walking, or playing games.
Dallas Theological Seminary
- Master of Arts in Christian Leadership, January 2007-August 2017
- Emphasis: Church Leadership
- GPA 3.9
Baptist Bible College & Seminary
- Bachelor of Science in Bible, May 2009
- Major: Youth Ministry
- GPA 3.8
March 2018 – Present
Pastor of Discipleship | Mountain View Community Church | Frederick, MD
- Lead and multiply the small group ministry
- Direct and implement the overall church discipleship process
- Oversee the First Impression Team and Next Step systems
- Provide Pastoral leadership for the church
August 2011 – February 2018
Student Ministries Pastor | Denbigh Baptist Church | Newport News, VA
- Oversee Christian education aspect of all student ministries from birth through college, including Christian school chapels
- Plan, prepare, and present Biblical teaching for middle and high school student mid-week and Sunday School services
- Organize and implement weekly middle and high school student program, monthly activities, and annual mission trips
- Recruit, train, and disciple student ministry leaders
July 2010 – July 2011
Assistant Pastor/Principal | First Baptist Church | DuBois, PA
- Initiated and directed Connect Young Adult Ministry
- Discipled high school students through disciplinary situations
- Organized Christian school extra-curricular activities (academic, athletic, etc.)
- Preached God’s Word regularly on Sunday evenings
June 2009 – June 2010
Director of Junior High Ministries | Cornerstone Evangelical Presbyterian Church | Brighton, MI
- Supervised small group ministry development and implementation
- Taught Sunday school, youth group, and Christian school discipleship class weekly
- Organized youth events, retreats, and missions trip
- Built relationships with students, youth leaders, and parents
Top 5 Leadership Strengths
Other Work Experience
January 2007 – May 2009
Resident Assistant | Clarks Summit University | Clarks Summit, PA
- Cultivated Christ-centered relationships with other college-age guys
- Performed weekly evaluations of interaction with students under my supervision
- Enforced given rules of Baptist Bible College
May 2008 – August 2008
Summer Crew Leader | Clarks Summit University | Clarks Summit, PA
- Selected team members based on strengths and gifts
- Directed team of five college students
- Coordinated weekly work schedule
Youth Ministries Conference | Clarks Summit University | Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Supervisor | Vice President for Student Development | Clarks Summit University
- 2541 Lithia Valley Rd. Factoryville, PA 18419
Mentor | Assistant Professor of Discipleship and Youth Ministry | Clarks Summit University
- 538 Venard Rd.Clarks Summit, PA 18411
Internship Director | Associate Pastor | Bethel Baptist Church
- 713 Mildred Ave. Somerdale, NJ 08083
Mentor | Manager of Leadership Development | Newport News Shipbuilding
- 866 Holbrook Dr. Newport News, VA 23602
*More references available upon request.