I don’t always do graphics work…but when I do I use…
I work at a church. Therefore, we don’t always (read rarely) have the budget to outsource our graphic design needs. Whether it is for a sermon series, announcement, or video promo I rarely have the budget to get a professionally made graphic or video made. So what do I do? Typically, I have 3 options:
- Do nothing – make do with no graphics
- Learn to do it myself – Spend some money to purchase a graphic design software. Take hours to learn the software. Take a few more hours to design something with the software. Utilize said graphic. Repeat for each new design need.
- Utilize other resources – Find a work around where others have made graphics available for free and spend a few minutes inputting necessary info.
As you have probably already guessed, option #1 is no good (especially since we live in such a graphic/visual culture), option #2 is no good (unless of course you have the money, time, and energy to learn a new software), making option #3 my go to choice. But where can I find such graphics, especially for FREE? I am glad you ask.
Check out these two sites I use often to design basic graphics as needed:
- Canva -Free website (with some paid aspects if desire) full of graphics and plug and play design elements for everything from Facebook pics to presentations.
- Church Media Drop – website full of free elements from games, motion graphics, mini movies, graphics and so much more.
Enjoy these resources and be with the Lord’s people on the Lord’s day.